Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strawberry Yukata Kitsuke #2 and Beige Sha Komon Kitsuke

The green hanhaba obi I ordered for the strawberry yukata finally arrived today, so I did a real quick kitsuke and snapped a photo. No photos of the back because I made the musubi in a hurry and it looked like it. X_X I am very pleased with how well the color matches!


I also decided to try on my new beige sha komon from Shinei with the red mandarin duck nagoya obi that I received from Ichiroya today. I know I'm technically breaking the sha-with-sha and ro-with-ro rule, and I'm also just wearing a hanjuban with an attached collar (because it's so hot already!!), but I'm pleased with the outcome (although I would have liked the design to be more centered on the otaiko, but it's an antique obi and therefore short). I chose light green accessories to make the outfit feel "cooler". I also used this as an opportunity to wear my lace tabi, sheer embroidered haneri, and cork-soled zori. I hope you all like it!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the obi with the yukata! The feeling is very soft.

    ReplyDelete