Saturday, March 31, 2012

Burgundy Stripe TL Kimono Kitsuke with Gingham Obi

I got to do my first kitsuke with my first TL size kimono today! I was so excited to try it on! It fits beautifully! I was worried that none of my juban would fit since the wingspan is so much wider than the ones I have, but luckily, one of the newest juban I have had a wide enough shoulder that it fit pretty well. I essentially copied the model when I did this kitsuke, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? =P


Zori that came with the set (not a great match, but plays on the plaid/gingham)

Juban (sakura for April!)

And some love for the kitty!


The next time I do this kitsuke (most likely at the Middle Tennessee Anime Convention next weekend), I will have a chikara nuno sewn onto the juban as this fabric really wanted to slip upward, and I'm going to add a different haneri that plays on the colors of the obi and accessories.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!
    I really like the colours and it looks a good fit on you :)

    ReplyDelete