Friday, July 20, 2012

Kimono Challenge #4 & #5

1. How did you discover and get into kimono?

2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s), not including dressing items or undergarments.
4. Your least used kimono item(s).
5. Your favorite coordinations?
6. What you like and don’t like about kimono.
7. Kimono confessions…Did you know that…
8. Your dream kitsuke items.
9. Your biggest kimono fears.
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration?
11. Your kimono collection.
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.
13. Your special kimono memory.

#4
My least used kimono items... Well, that would be pretty much all of my formal kimono. I rarely have an occassion to use them, unless I break formality rules. I find I use the formal ones mostly for practicing kitsuke and occassionally at conventions when I feel I can bend the rules and no one will notice.

#5
The first ensemble I thought of when I saw this question was my cat komon and teal gingham obi with the pumpkin colored obiage as an accent. I mostly copied the model that I saw this kimono on, but I added my own touches with the rose obidome, green sakura haneri, and the black sakura juban. It's a fun, modern touch to see something as different as a black juban peeking from the back of the sleeves!


Another favorite ensemble is this winter hime piece from a couple of years ago. The dark colors are sophisticated, and the western accesories make it look oh so warm in the chilly weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment