Friday, October 14, 2011

My First Kimono Tan!

After countless fruitless searches for the perfect fitting kimono, I just decided to try to sew one. I have legitimate patterns to make one, but finding a good tan at a great price was a bit challenging. I finally settled on this purple bolt from Ichiroya:


The colors remind me of Easter eggs! XD I also don't have any purple kimono anymore, so it will be unlike anything I already own. And it's synthetic, so cleaning will easy. I now just need to hope that there's enough fabric to make a kimono my size (68 inches [173 cm] tall and 58 inch [147 cm] wingspan) as well as enough width. I know I will at least be able to get the height, so here's to the wingspan! If you have any tips on how to make the shoulders wider, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment