Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fuji Hitoe Obi


I bought this fuji (wisteria) obi today. I had been looking for a white- or cream-base obi, but every one I liked kept going for high prices, so when I ran across this one on Etsy for only $15, I jumped on it! I love fuji and have yet to own anything with this motif, so I am quite pleased that I got it. And it's just over 150 inches (380 cm) long, so it should fit my Western body. ^_^ I'm pretty sure it has some light stains, but if they're not too much, I'm sure I can work them out with some TLC. Also, I'm not sure whether it's red or orange. The pictures make it look like it could go either way. So, I'll just have to wait until it arrives to find out.

Close-up of the design

I plan on wearing it with my blue-purple ro komon, since the obi is hitoe. The fuji design will be great for summer. And with this komon, there will be so many stripes!!

Close-up of the blue-purple ro komon with leaf design

No comments:

Post a Comment