Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Kodo Taiko Performance Coordination

Last week was my birthday, and to celebrate, we got tickets to see a performance by Kodo Taiko. The show was absolutely amazing, and if they are ever in your area, I highly recommend you go see them! My exposure to taiko in the past has been all festival style, but they took it to a whole new level! I was honestly surprised by the comedic skits they included; even with language barriers, the whole audience understood exactly what was going on, and the whole room was full of laughter.

As per usual, I used this as an opportunity to wear kimono out. Since this was a nice performance in a concert hall, I wanted to dress semi-formal. After some help from the lovely IG Facebook page, I ended up choosing this coordination:


A peachy-orange crested iromuji with a silver saga-tsuzdure fukuro obi, accessorized with a light green shibori obiage, a pink and silver sanbuhimo, and a rainbow-colored rhinestone obidome. The juban I wore underneath is a red one from the Taisho Roman era, which proved to be rather fidgety, hence the reason my haneri shows so little. I finished everything off with pale pink zori that have a little silver on the hanao to echo the sanbuhimo. 


I hope you enjoyed my coordination! It was a wonderful birthday ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment