Friday, March 20, 2015

Blue and blue!

We had a casual tea ceremony practice last weekend, so I opted for a fairly casual ensemble. I usually am not a big fan of monochromatic ensembles, but I liked this combination of the light blue striped edo komon with the darker blue nagoya obi with karabana motif. It's not totally monochromatic due to the pale pink obijime, white chirimen obiage, and zori with brown hanao, but you get the idea. 


My husband is getting better and better at doing these photos, and he decided that I should do a dance pose for one of them, so here's a "bonus":


It's from a dance I've been learning called "Nozaki Kouta". I'm still very much a beginner, so my apologies if my pose is not great! 

Lastly, I've got several conventions coming up, so please be looking for some more kimono and geisha henshin photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment