Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pink Ro Kikyo Komon

It's seems like it's always this time of year when I start to talk about how I am ready for summer. (And by the time summer arrives, I'm already thinking autumn...) The kimono shops are already gearing up for the next season because I'm starting to see new yukata and summer kimono collections appearing. I was reviewing my collection again and saw that I don't own very many summer kimono (only a few of which are ideal size as well). As usual, I went to my favorite TL size source - KimonoMachi. They are starting to add new ones, but they had several of last year's semi-custom komon still available - and somewhat discounted. I saw they had one left in stock of this lovely pink ro fabric with little purple and green kikyo.


Since my summer kimono are exclusively in cool tones, I thought it would be nice to have something a little different. Being all pastel tones, I don't think it will look stifling in the heat - especially if it's paired with a light color obi.

It'll be over a month before it's finished, but I'll post more pictures when it arrives.

1 comment:

  1. It's very elegant colour and design. Your preparation for summer seems going well :)

    ReplyDelete