Sunday, July 24, 2011

Yukata Night Out

This past Friday, my sister Jessi and I met up with a large group of people from Anime Blues Con at a local Japanese restaurant. Many of us staff members were there, as well as a few attendees. Believe it or not, I asked Jessi if she would wear her yukata with me, and she said yes! =D I think what convinced her was that I told her I could tie her obi in karuta musubi so she could sit back on it without crushing it. The whole outfit was so cute on her (she's the one in white and blue below). We inadvertently wore opposite colors, too, which is definitely ironic since we are opposite personalities.

Here's just one picture from inside the restaurant:


I didn't realize it until I looked at the pictures, but her collar is backward. (I killed her! X_X) And it was soooooo hot - about 100˚F (38˚C)! You can probably tell by the pink in our faces how warm it was. The restaurant was air conditioned, but with so many people and the fact that we were on the 2nd floor of the building, it was still quite warm inside. Thank God these yukata are washable!

More pics:


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pics! You and Jessi,you'll be chosen as Miss Yukata.So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete