Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dreaming of Summer

I don't know about the rest of the Northern hemisphere, but I'm getting tired of winter. It's fun through the first snowfall, but then (at least here in Memphis), it's just wet and cold. Since my boyfriend's new obi came in yesterday, we did an impromptu yukata photoshoot. ^_^ As someone on the Immortal Geisha forums pointed out, his obi is thinner than the typical kaku obi. I have seen only once before a kaku obi this thin (5 cm or 2 inches), also used on a yukata. Since yukata is very informal, this width should not be a problem. However, for a more formal outfit, I would suggest getting the standard sized kaku (9 cm or 3.5 inches) - which will be one of our next purchases, once the kimono "coffers" are full again!









For the first part of the "photoshoot", I wore my kingyo yukata. The hanhaba obi and the yukata both have lace detailing which I just love!

The second outfit I did for the "Single color challenge" on the Immortal Geisha forums. It's a plain brown yukata with my brown ogi hanhaba obi. I did a karuta musubi, just to try something different. It's not perfect, since it was a first try, but I will do better next time! Désolé! Overall, the brown is very obaasan, but very tasteful in some ways as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment