Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Simplification of kimono?

I'm not going to lie, as I have become a busy mom, I have tried to find ways to make kitsuke quicker and easier. I have always disliked two-piece kimono because they rarely ever look as neat as a regular kimono, but this one seems better than the others. I'm thinking of making my own prototype similar to this to see how it works on myself and maybe just to have that quick "go-to" outfit when I'm in a time crunch, and it's not a formal situation. I actually already own the t-shirt juban she wears (and it works surprisingly well!) and I've strongly debated converting some of my more damaged obi to the type she wears here.

 How do you feel about this kind of kimono? Would you wear it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g9vs4I0qHg

No comments:

Post a Comment