Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Getting caught up...

I forgot to post a few things here that happened in the last month or so. First, after I finished this handmade kimono, I tried to make a few more; this time from tanmono. The first is a poly ro komon, and the second is a cotton yukata. I wanted to style the yukata before posting pictures of it in its finished form, so this is just a shot of the okumi seam so you can see the progress. (I hope you'll forgive any sewing issues, especially on the poly komon, as the fabric was difficult to work with, and I'm definitely not a professional!)

I'm having a really difficult time trying to figure out what obi to use with the yukata. I guess it's just so neutral that almost anything would work, so I guess it just depends on what kind of look I'm going for, but I'm still lost...


On anther note, my son also got to experience his first tea ceremony class. And by "experience", I mean that he largely slept through it! 💤 
And you know I just had to have him wear something appropriate, so I got this little yukata-like onesie with crabs on it. 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment