Monday, October 6, 2014

Navy and Grey Houmongi

I'm so excited to have bought this houmongi last night! It was one of those pieces that I didn't hesitate for even a moment about. It's very much my style ^_^


Everyone I have spoken to about coordinating this kimono has wanted me to go with a very bright obi. Subdued is sort of my signature style, so I'm unsure about what I want to do right now. I will likely have to look at several obi options in person to decide...

Also, any ideas what the white and yellow flowers are? I know the black leaves on the bottom half are kaede, but the others with the buds have me stumped...

3 comments:

  1. Sigh...that kimono is absolutely divine.
    It looks like it was made for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hasume-san! I fear that sometimes my choices in kimono make me look like an old maid, but I prefer the clean look that comes with these colors and styles.

      Delete
  2. It's a good thing both of us have graduated from the Maiko-henshin look to Geisha-henshin - as I think we'd both be fired for having "mature taste..."

    I just love the combination of storm grey and deep sea green. It's glorious.

    ReplyDelete