Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blue Striped Share Fukuro Obi

I haven't been buying much lately due to tighter finances, but this ended up (with shipping) costing me only about $20, and I'd been eyeing it for a while now. It's a blue striped cotton share fukuro obi.



For those of you not sure of what is the difference between fukuro and share fukuro, share fukuro is a casual type of fukuro obi, usually without metallic threads, typically shorter than regular fukuro, and meant to be tied in regular otaiko versus nijuudaiko (or other more formal musubi).

I see that I am starting to go through a more casual phase again. Many of the last things I have purchased are much more formal. The next thing I want to get is a wool kimono. The biggest issue I have with them is that most are vintage and WAY too short for my 172cm height. I have a wool bolt that's been sitting for over a year, so I may just decide to finally do some sewing if I come up empty on the search. If you find anything for super tall people, let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment