Thursday, June 7, 2012

Natsume, Hige Tsumugi Obi, and Ichimatsu Obijime

Ok, if I can behave myself, these may be my last lovelies for a little (as I have many expenses coming up and that need to still be paid off...).

First, I got this red lacquered natsume for practicing tea ceremony at home. It looks to be multi-seasonal.


The second item I purchased was this cream hige tsumugi nagoya obi with handpainted flower design. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be any specific flower or just abstract. The wispy grasses remind me of late summer and autumn though.


The last items I picked up were these 3 obijime. They appear to be sanbu himo from the photos, but I can't say for certain since they didn't give me any dimensions. I just loved the retro ichimatsu pattern. It reminds me a lot of the Taisho Roman era in Japan. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment