Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kofurisode to Houmongi

I decided to shorten the sleeves of my sakura kofurisode. I'm almost too old for furisode, kofurisode has few uses (most of which I am too old for, once again), and I have no juban to fit a kofurisode. The sleeves are now 49.5 cm long, and the kimono is now a houmongi. I plan on wearing this houmongi at the Middle Tennessee Anime Convention in April when I do my yukata and geisha panels.

BEFORE


AFTER



Now, I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with the extra fabric. Kanzashi perhaps?

And of course, I had to practice kitsuke with it:

1 comment:

  1. I like this sakura design of this kimono.The gradation of flower colours are very beautiful and feminine. The combination of obi and kimono is very chic and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete