Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Yukata and Obi

I decided it was high-time for a new yukata. The yellow one I bought last year just doesn't suit my tastes anymore. So I bought this black and white striped one with pink bellflowers(?) from Gary-san. I was trying to go with a more sophisticated image without looking old. Too many yukata are too "cute" for me, but I don't want the extremely traditional and "boring" yukata either, so this one seemed to suit my personality perfectly.



I also got an obi to go with it because I don't have any hanhaba obi to match. Luckily, the pink flowers will be accented by the kinchaku and geta that I bought recently (see previous two posts for pictures). I finally have put a whole yukata set together, and I hope everything arrives soon so I can go to the Japanese garden soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment